- 1 SSC CHSL Syllabus 2018 for 10+2 Exam
- 2 Section wise Exam Syllabus for SSC CHSL Exam 2018
- 2.0.1 :
- 184.108.40.206 Aptitude Section is among following:
- 220.127.116.11 Reasoning Section is among following:
- 18.104.22.168 Basic English Section is among following:
- 22.214.171.124 Mechanical is among following:
- 126.96.36.199 Electrical is among following:
- 188.8.131.52 Civil is among following:
- 184.108.40.206 Electrical & Electronics is among following:
- 220.127.116.11 Instrumentation is among following:
- 2.0.1 :
SSC CHSL Official Notification is not yet released So, know all the detailed SSC CHSL 2018 Syllabus and Take a fresh start for your Exam Preparation.
Note : In SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus there have been some big changes in the Exam Scheme and Exam Pattern of SSC CHSL Exam. As per your knowledge there is no change in Syllabus it remains same but officials made a change in the weigh age and Duration of Exam.
SSC CHSL 2018 Tentative Exam Date has been released by the officials of SSC and For you convenience SSC Exam Calendar 2018 is released on 20th October 2018. So, candidates if you have appeared in the CHSL 2018 Exam than you are aware with it’s Exam Pattern, Exam Syllabus of CHSL and Schedule, If it’s your first attempt and appearance in the exam than with the help of this post/article because we are going to discuss all detail of the Exam Pattern and SSC CHSL 2018 Syllabus.
So, Candidates for the deep details regarding SSC CHSL 2018 Cutoff than keep in touch with us when cut off is generated on it’s official site than we updated that on our site. With the help of CutOff marks you get an idea like how many marks are relevant to obtain or get passed in written examination. In this exam it has 2 stages i.e. Written Exam and Despriptive Paper, As per last few years CutOff are very high. Reason of higher cutoff is Large No. of applicants are appeared in exam and Lesser No. of Vacancies. 25 lakh is average of appearing of candidates in SSC CHSL Exam.
In India SSC CHSL Exam is one of the most popular exam, But the most Popular SSC Exam is CGL Exam which is also conducted by Staff Selection Commission. The CGL Exam is for Graduates for Group B and C, But CHSL Exam is for Intermediates means who have completed their Class 12th they all are eligible of SSC CHSL Exam.
Before we discuss about SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus, candidates must have note of Exam Schedule and Timeline of CHSL Exam. Applicant must note the official notification of CHSL Exam which is announced on 8th October, 2018 which is delayed b official of SSC of 3 months, According to the official notification Tentatively Exam Schedule of CHSL Exam if 7th January 2018 to 5th February 2018.
Basically SSC CHSL Preliminary Exam is conducted for (LDC) Lower Division Clerk and (DEO) Data Entry Operator posts, But from the year of 2018 new post postal and sorting assistant have been included in Exam. Ever Science SSC Annual Exam Calendar 2017-2018 is announced. But now students are look forward for the Exam Syllabus of CHSL Exam.
Now you need to analyse and find the CHSL Syllabus and download it which is in the form of PDF through the link which is given below.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2018 for 10+2 Exam
As you all now SSC CHSL Exam is also called or known as SSC 10+2 Exam and it is also famous as SSC LDC (Lower Division Clerk) and DEO (Data Entry Operator) Exam So, don’t get confused in it’a name. Names are different but it’s Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern is Same.
Before discussing about SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus you must be aware with it’s Selection Process.
Selection of candidates will be made on Written Examination which is followed by typing/ Skill Test. And the structure of Scheme and Syllabus are as follows.
- Written Exam : Those candidates who have successfully submit their application form before it’s due date they all called for SSC CHSL Written Exam. So, Before your Written Examination you have to download your SSC CHSL Exam Admit Card/ Call Letter for appearing in SSC CHSL Exam.
Exam Date, Venue and Time Table is mentioned in your Admit Card.
In the written exam it will have 200 questions with 4 different sections which is means 50 questions for each section.
Now let’s take a complete overview on Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
Total No. of Sections : 4
Total Marks : 200 Marks
Total Time Duration : 75 Minutes.
- English : 50 Marks
- Quantitative : 50 Marks
- General Intelligence : 50 Marks
- General Knowledge : 50 Marks
Candidates remember one thing there will be negative marking will be applicable in SSC CHSL Exam of 0.50 marks will be deducted for each and every wrong answer. So, be very careful during attempting questions. Usually SSC CHSL CutOff is very high compared to other exam.
Here is the Exam Pattern and Syllabus of SSC CHSL 2018 Exam.
So, if you look at this Exam Syllabus, If you look deep view on this syllabus it is almost same as CGL Exam, only difference is the difficulty level. In SSC CGL Syllabus is having difficulty level of Graduation but in SSC CHSL the difficulty level of CHSL is on 10+2 level.
There is no sectional cutoff form these exam as we have in Banking Exam in this exam there is overall cutoff and those applicant who get higher marks and stood high in merit they all will called for Skill Test and Typing Test.
Section wise Exam Syllabus for SSC CHSL Exam 2018
For General Awareness Section : 25 Questions (50 Marks)
This Section is less time consuming and high scoring section, only condition is you must have strong cramming power, anything can be asked in this section. For this section there is no any defined syllabus so you need to memorise many things to get at least 40 marks in General Awareness Section.
As per few last year we analysed few previous year papers to find some related questions which means whish questions can be asked from this section.
To get good marks in General Awareness section you have to be updated all the time so, for getting updated you need to read newspaper regularly to get more knowledge of this section.
- This Section covers all general awareness of the snvironement and it’s surrounding.
- Read all topics which relates to everyday science.
- You Must have good knowledge about India and it’s Neighbour Counries which means hetting knowledge of (Culture, History, General Science, Geography and Scientific Research)
Here is the whole detailed syllabus for General Awareness Section.
- For General Intelligence and Reasoning : 25 Questions (50 Marks)
In you Previous year if you appear for any competetitive exam like any Bank Exam, IBPS, UPSC, Railway etc than you are totally aware with this Reasoning Section. And this is the common section which is asked in every competetitive exam and in case of SSC CHSL Exam. you will be asked total of 25 reasoning question which carries 50 Marks.
Preparing for reasoning section is very easy but the difficulty level is how you moderate all the question. So, for this section firstly our need to clear your concept for each and every topic than decide where to start preparing for this most important section.
Before start preparation for Reasoning section is need to know which topics and we need to prepare for Reasoning Section.
Aptitude Section is among following:
Reasoning Section is among following:
Basic English Section is among following:
Mechanical is among following:
Electrical is among following:
Civil is among following:
Electrical & Electronics is among following:
Instrumentation is among following:
Here is the whole detailed syllabus for Reasoning Section.
Marks Distribution of Topics of Reasoning and General Awareness Section.
1. Analogy (9 Marks)
- Related word
- Related alphabet
- Related number
2. Classification (9 Marks)
- Unclassified alphabet
- Unclassified word
- Related number
3. Series Completion (6 Marks)
- Alphabetic series
- Miscellaneous series
- Number series
- Alpha-Numeric series
4. Coding – Decoding (2-3 Marks)
- Direct coding
- Number symbolic coding
- Indirect coding
5. Blood Relation (3 Marks)
6. Sitting Arrangement (5 Marks)
- Linear Sitting arrangement
- Square Sitting arrangement
- Circular Sitting arrangement
7. Logical Venn diagrams (1-2 marks)
8. Direction senses test (2 marks)
9. Ranking test (2 marks)
10. Alphabet test (2 marks)
11. Syllogism (1-2 marks)
12. Non-verbal reasoning (5-6 marks)
13. Mathematical operation (1 marks)
- English Section : 25 Questions (50 Marks)
- Fill in the Blanks (2 marks)
- Antonyms (1-2 marks)
- Synonyms (2 marks)
- Spot the Error (2-3 marks)
- Idioms & Phrases (3-4 marks)
- Spellings/Detecting Miss pelt words (5 marks)
- Improvement of Sentences (4-5 marks)
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration (2 marks)
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage (3 marks)
- One word substitution (2-3 marks)
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs (3 marks)
- Cloze Passage (5 marks)
- Comprehension passage (5-10 marks)
- Shuffling of Sentence parts (3-5 marks)
Now Let’s take a quick overview on Quantitative Aptitude Section : 25 Questions (50 Marks)
Basically this section relates to Math’s Section so if you are not good in Maths than it could became a nightmare for you. If you keep practising this section than it came in your favour which can help you to score enough marks. If you get high marks in this section there will be more possibility to get your name in merit list. During your Exam Preparation give 2 hrs for this section so you can easily get 40-45 marks without any trouble.
Doing moderation in this section is bit difficult so tip for this section is keep practising as much as you can than definitely you achieve your confidence and get better marks in this section.
Question will be asked from this section can be : Algebra, Basic Maths, Trigonometry, Geometry, Statistics, Trigonometry Mensuration etc.